Building Financial Acumen (BFA)Increase Your Financial Fluency and Drive Performance
This course is for individuals who want to expand their financial knowledge to ask better questions, identify problems, make better informed decisions, and therefore increase their impact in their organization.
Through this course, you will learn:
How is Value Created and How do Companies Make Money?
What KPIs Matter and How to Make Better Business Decisions?
What Makes a Good Business Case?
Course Organization : 8 modules
Each module includes:
- A 5-6 min Content video by Joe Perfetti
- Exercises to be completed offline by participants
- Online correction of the exercises
- Short Assessment
Required Time : 8-10 hours
Course Certificate from Duke CE available at completion*
Course Faculty: Joe Perfetti
Joe Perfetti is a leading expert in corporate finance and strategy who has delivered over 1500 executive education teaching days for leading organizations. Joe is a graduate of the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and currently serves as a Lecturer at the RH Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland, College Park. He has won the Distinguished Teaching Award and the Top 15% teaching award for teaching excellence. He delivers executive programs for Duke Corporate Education and Serves as an Adjunct Professor at Georgetown Law School where he teaches corporate finance.
The Learning Community Unique Advantages
- A company-dedicated learning environment for the course
- Access to a Forum to share ideas with course participants
- Curated content to supplement the course, including:
- Course one-page summary
- Relevant additional videos, articles